As I prepare to have my final e-board and executive meetings, I must say it has been quite an eventful year with all kinds of emotions. Yesterday, we had our senior sendoff & turnover BBQ. While no one actually grilled (being that all the food was ordered), we the seniors appreciated the thoughtful gifts and video put together in celebration of our 4 years spent at Wellesley.
Some of eyes cried, some teary eyed, at the statements given in acknowledgement of the many things that some of the seniors had done for the underclasswomen.
Pictures of this will be up soon on our Facebook Page in the albums section – https://www.facebook.com/WellesleyAfricans/photos . Stay tuned.
Let’s highlight WASA’s well-planned happenings this semester (not including co-sponsored events with WASA, ORSL, Harambee House, Slater, the Sexual Health Educators, and Africana Studies).
- An Alumnae Fireside Chat.
2. Africa Week Photo Campaign
3. Spring Film Festival (showing Poverty Inc with a Q&A session with the producer, An African City Season 1, Beasts of No Nation, Half of a Yellow Sun, B for Boy & Big Men.
4. Lunchtime Workshop with Teju Cole
6. Volunteering at Rosie’s Place
Enjoy this video of the Kenyans on campus having a blast during Marathon Monday.
Happy finals and enjoy the best of the summer.
Cindy Coffee | Outgoing President 2015-16